söndag 5 juli 2009

back online...







Hi everyone!
It’s finally been some busy days, but now I am back online…
I’ve been guiding all around the region the last 2 weeks with a special task yesterday: I was supposed to guide a “private car” which meant that there was a US-American family who hired a taxi to drive around and me as their guide. I was REALLY nervous since they rented the car for 8 hours and nobody knew where they wanted to go, etc. and the only information I got beforehand was that they “are really demanding”. Well – they were the nicest people ever and only wanted to see the most important sights we’re going to with the busses anyway and the tour was over after just 2 hours. So, just an incredible rich family I assume which made the driver and me feel guilty about the tip and the short trip J
Christoph was here the whole last week as well and in between working we drove around and I showed him some of the places where I am usually guiding and of course we went to some other places as well. The first day we went to a huge waterfall and drove up a nice mountain road. The next day we went for a walking safari at Dovrefjell to see some musk oxes that were brought to Norway in the 50s from Greenland. We saw 3 herds and got really close – amazing animals!! From there we drove to Åndalsnes because I had to work the next day and from there we were sent directly to Geiranger. I was guiding a tour to the famous Dalsnibba and Christoph went up there by car. The day after that we were sent to Trondheim and Christoph joined me on a citytour – he even got to carry the sign with my bus number from time to time! So, our little holiday was partly financed through the company ;-) The next day I was off and we put up our tent right next to the Atlantic Road with a view onto the Atlantic Ocean – well, that was at least the idea, but since it was so foggy you couldn’t really see that much. Christoph has left by now.
On Tuesday I might guide an Overland tour which I have to prepare a bit today since I have the feeling that I do not have enough material to speak about for 8 hours yet… I prefer those shorter tours where you can point out stuff, but anyway…
Well, I think that are the news from up here…
Take care! Kramar

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar