tisdag 23 juni 2009

Finally some work...

Hello again!
Unbelievable, but true… I’ve been working 4 days in a row! That was far more how I expected this job to be – 4 days, 4 different places and of course 4 different groups (two English-speaking and two German-speaking groups).
Last Friday I went to Ålesund to guide a citywalk – one of my favourites! We only had to leave at 10 am which is rather late and the people were very interested and had so many questions. Usually, they are more interested in your personal life and what you’re doing besides guiding and why you’re living abroad, etc., but this group had all those questions about Norwegian life and it felt really nice that I actually could answer most of those questions. Well, sometimes the answer might be true, but are more related to Sweden than to Norway, but who cares?!
On Saturday I went back to Trondhem. It was a nice group of British, North Americans and some people from the Netherlands or Belgium. Good mixture for the tip! It went pretty smoothly, considering that it was my second time in the city. We left at 4:30 am and arrived there just before the tour started at 9:30. The advantage of that early tour was that we had time to do some sightseeing for ourselves before going back home. There are some nice old parts where we can’t go in with the buses so we spent the afternoon at those places.
Sunday I guided a tour in Molde again in German. We always visit an open-air museum and the schoolchildren show some Norwegian folkdances. This time the weather was good so that they danced outside and taught some dances to the guests as well - which was fun! It’s a nice museum with houses from the 16th – 19th century and the guides there are really into it.
Yesterday I guided one of my other favorite tours: the tour to the Trollstigen. The group didn’t seem to be into it so much and they were already on their way back home so they’ve seen all the nice parts… but then they woke up when I read out a trollstory (which they already knew, but wanted to hear anyway…) – strange tourists!
Today, I was planning to go hiking, but it has been raining all morning and now it is so foggy that you won’t see anything. Just now I got the confirmation that I am going to Trondheim tomorrow again! Yipie! So, at least I am earning some money these two weeks…
Take care! Kram!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar