tisdag 12 maj 2009

First Days


Hi!

Here are the first news from somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Norway J
After the first three days have been a bit chaotic (as usual, but kind of unnecessary as usual…) I start getting used to my “summer”-life.
Last Friday I left Mölndal at 6 am and arrived here after a long day on the train here at 10.30 pm. On the way I met two friends in Oslo for a few hours – we visited the filmmuseum and had a nice lunch. After that me and my bags (one for clothes, one for cheap food) travelled up north. It was a nice train and busride with great vies over the fjords and mountains which are - high up at least- still covered in snow.
Our house is really in the middle of nowhere… it’s 35 km from the next big busstation and from where the ships arrive (Molde). It’s about 5 km from the next shops (Eide). Saying this you might imagine how I felt after having been stuck here for the first two days without any good information! We’re now 5 people (all Germans) and waiting for a Spanish guy who will arrive on Wednesday.
Last Saturday we went for a short trip to the “Atlanterhavsveien” mainly because the two men wanted to catch our dinner – well, instead of fish we had pasta that night! But this road is also famous for combining several small islands and became “Norway’s construction of the year” in 2005 – so of course we’re taking the tourists there and it gave me the chance to get an idea of it.

Last Sunday we were really just sitting at home and trying to study the material for the trips. Which doesn’t really work if you’ve never been there…
Finally (I know it’s only been two days, but still!), we went to Molde early in the morning to join some experienced guides on the trip to this Atlantic Road. I went with one tour in the morning and one in the afternoon and have now the feeling that it won’t be that difficult and that it won’t be so much work to prepare! That feels good! Oh, and when we got up in the morning we saw that it snowed over night! It’s May!! The snow was mainly up in the mountains, but it came down to approx. 400 meter.
Today we’re off again and I ‘m sitting in the kitchen and am trying to convince myself that the heavy rain is pretty cosy! But since the weather changes really quickly here there is still hope!
Tomorrow, I have to get up at 4ish since we’re taking a ferry at 6…but am still looking forward to it: get to see a new city and things are actually happening.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar