tisdag 16 juni 2009

Briksdalsbreen


Since I started to learn for the guiding here and reading about the area I was planning to spend some time at the Jostedal National Park close to Geiranger. It’s a huge National Park with glaciers – the main glacier is the Jostedalsbreen with almost 500 km and there are huge glacier arms falling down from that one. A famous one is the so-called Briksdalsbreen and some ships are offering hiking tours for their groups. Yesterday, I was one of the lucky ones who went there to guide – so once again I guided at a place I’ve never been before, but I got to see sth I wanted to see anyways!! Well, I mainly had to talk on the way to the hiking path which was just a 45 minutes drive and they could walk up themselves. While we were up there we heard the cracking of the glacier three times and saw two small avalanches. It’s amazing that it looses ice a few times a day, but is still huge and the noise is incredible loud. So, I didn’t really mind the 10 hours drive for a 4 hour excursion…
Well, I was hoping to stay there for a night and do some more guiding today, but they only needed French-speaking guides… so I am waiting for the rain to stop and take a 45 min walk to do some shopping.
Take care!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar