onsdag 3 juni 2009

Snowy Fairytale

Right now I can’t see the hills just a few miles away since it is so foggy and raining like crazy. When we drove to work this morning the peaks of the mountains were covered in new snow. I always promise my guests that the snow will have disappeared in July, but honestly, I doubt it at that point. I had a guided tour this morning and we came back to the harbor one hour early since people for some strange reason didn’t want to stay at the viewpoint for half an hour – enjoying the hail instead of the view.
In general I am feeling more and more comfortable guiding and it is fun! Last Sunday we went to Trollstigen again and I guided bilingual in English and German. It takes even more concentration but therefore I do not have to come up with so many topics since I have to tell everything twice. Yesterday I guided a city walk in Ålesund which went also fine and people are usually more interested in my personal life than in the history of the city. I guess it is hard to imagine for some people (especially at that age!) that one just moves from one country to another.
Now I am sitting at home waiting for a call re tmrw – we usually get to know between 2 pm and 9 pm if we’re working the next day! This is so against my culture!!!! But I am getting kind of used to it and there is not so much to do anyway.
Kram

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar